Admit it, sometimes we all indulge in that warm savory comfort food just because… Not because the weather turns chilly or you’ve been heartbroken. No apparent reason. It’s all because your soul needs one. So here’s one for you;
SHRIMP RICE CASSEROLE
- 2 cups uncooked rice, cook as instruction.
- 1 kg medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 red chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 400 ml milk
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cube Maggi block beef seasoning
- 4 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, loosely whisked
- 1 package Kraft Cheddar, cut into small cubes
- Salt and pepper
Heat olive oil in saucepan and sauté the onion, finely chopped red chili and chopped garlic until soft, about 5 minutes. Toss the shrimp and cook until shrimp turns pink. Take off the heat.
Combine milk with flour, Maggi cube, finely chopped garlic, eggs, celery, salt and pepper. Whisk all until combined.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine the rice, milk mixture, 2/3 of the cubed cheese, shrimp and bell pepper. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well. Place the mixture in a pan spread with butter or vegetable spray and top with remaining cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly.